Overview of strengths
What skills are there?
If you can do something well, then that is one of your skills/strengths. It is important to know your strengths when choosing an apprenticeship. Here you can see what skills there are. You will also find examples of which professions you could need them for.
- You remain calm even during demanding tasks
- Healthcare and medical nurses for example need this strength if they work in an emergency ambulance.
- You are conisderate of other people’s problems and feelings.
- E.g. a geriatric nurse/carer must care about the problems and worries of elderly people.
- You know how to make or repair objects. You are also good with tools.
- Construction workers plaster walls and lay floors for example.
- You can express yourself well and find it easy to get on with others in conversation.
- Sales assistants for example need this skill in order to help customers.
Ability to handle conflicts
- In an argument, you stay calm and try to solve the problem.
- Social work assistants try, for example, to solve an arguments between teenagers.
- You are good with numbers
- Production mechanics evaluate, for example, statistics and have a lot to do with numbers through this.
- You keep to appointments and like planning events
- A specialist of the foodservice industry produces working rotas.
- You can imagine objects, turn them in your head and see the other side.
- This ability is important for a carpenter, for example, to draw out furniture and produce it.
- You are good at carrying out tasks alone.
- Home economists make shopping lists and carry out the shopping independently.
- You work in an orderly fashion and take care of other people’s stuff.
- a business person in retail, for example, needs this skill so as not to make any mistakes when ordering goods.
- You like working together with other people.
- A chef works with colleagues together in the kitchen.
- You are familiar with technical equipment and machines.
- Mechatronic engineers for land and construction machinery check the control elements of machines for problems.
- You like reading texts and can grasp the content quickly.
- A businessman in office management needs these strengths in order to understand business instructions.
Sense of responsibility
- You respect safety and stick to agreements.
- Dental specialists protect patients from illnesses by sterilising dental equipment.
Recognition of connections
- You recognise similarities in different information.
- Metal workers in construction technology, need this strength, for example, in order to monitor metal constructions.
More info about the strengths…
...can be found on www.planet-beruf.de » Meine Talente.
With the help of BERUFE-Universums you can find out more about your personal strengths and find the appropriate professions and their areas for you.
The right skills mix will do it!
The professions listed are only a few skilled professions. There are many other professions you can learn. For many professions you need more than one skill.