Training opportunities for refugees
Craftwork - a career for you?
Working on a construction site, baking bread, laying electrical wiring - you can do many jobs in the craft industries. You can learn about them with the initiative "Training opportunities for refugees" and find a training place.
Training and education are the prerequisites for secure employment and a good income. The programme uses three phases to enable you to achieve a vocational qualification in craftwork:
1. PerjuF-H: Opportunities for young refugees in the craft industry
First, you will learn about different areas and tools in the craft over a period of 4-6 months. This is how you can find out which career will suit you. During an internship you will learn even more about some of the careers that interest you.
2. BOF: Career guidance for refugees
You then select up to three occupations, and work in these for a few weeks, after which you decide on a course of vocational training. You will spend 4-8 weeks in a company to become more familiar with them, to prepare you for the training.
3. Training in the craft industry
You have completed opportunities for young refugees in the craft industry and career guidance for refugees, we will assist you in your search for a company where you can carry out your training. The training starts in August or September and generally lasts for a period of 3 years. If necessary, you will be supported right to the end of your training, for example, by further measures and mentors.
The benefits for you
You will be prepared for your training in the craft industry step by step.
- You will also improve your German language skills and expertise. You will also receive instruction relating to the professional sector.
- You can use practical work to find out which training suits you.
- You will receive personal support to help you with any problems up to the end of the training.
- You are a refugee and are entitled to work in Germany.
- You are above 18 years of age and have completed your compulsory education.
- You have attended an integration course, and already have some German language skills.
If you want to learn all about career opportunities, please browse: