Report: Make the most of your career guidance
Asking the right questions
Are you about to finish school but don’t know what to do next? Do you have a goal but don’t know how to achieve it? Career guidance can help!
You’ll make the final decision, but the advisers at the Federal Employment Agency (BA) will give you all the information you need. You can ask your careers adviser the following questions:
When I finish school, how can I…
- … do an apprenticeship?
- … obtain an advanced school qualification?
- … complete a voluntary social year or something similar?
Career guidance will also help you to help yourself:
- Where can I find information about different professions?
- What requirements do I have to meet to get my dream job?
- How can I find out about upcoming career fairs?
- What other support can I receive?
Ask yourself the following questions to make sure you’re well prepared:
- What do I find interesting and enjoyable?
- What am I good at?
- What work experience have I got (e.g. internships or part-time jobs)?
- How have I prepared for my future career so far?
Write down your answers and bring them to your career guidance session. You should also bring your most recent school report and internship certificates. If you’ve already put together an application, feel free to bring this along as well.
Make an Appointment
You can contact the career guidance team on +49 800 4 5555 00 (free of charge within Germany) or via the online contact form. You can also make an appointment at your local Agentur für Arbeit.